8.23.2012

Yet another haul (Lisa Eldridge Edition)

Hi guys!

If you are a beauty junkie like myself and you've never heard of Lisa Eldridge, I suggest you look her up right this second. I saw in one of the comments on Youtube that she's like the Mary Poppins of makeup and I think that's a pretty genius description of her. I love her skincare philosophy, makeup tips and her extremely soothing voice. She did makeup for a bunch of celebrities like Emma Watson, Kate Winslet, Eva Green, Cheryl Cole...the list goes on. So yes, most of the products that I'm featuring in this post are recommendations that I have gotten from Lisa Eldridge.



A majority of the things that I purchased are from La Roche Posay, which is a French skincare line that Lisa Eldridge highly recommended. It's a brand that a lot of dermatologists use as a treatment for their patients with a wide variety of skin types. I've been using these for a week or so now, which I know isn't enough time for me to give a review right just yet. But, so far I'm in love with them! 

La Roche Posay Eau Thermale
This is essentially a facial spray made from mineral spring water. It's really hot at the moment in Thailand, so the mist is really cooling and hydrating. What I love about this product so much though, is the spray nozzle. It spritzes out a really fine mist that covers your whole face evenly. BUT I can't say that it does anything remotely different to my skin to drinking water in a spray bottle. 

La Roche Posay Physiological Soothing Toner
I'll do a separate in-depth review on this later so stay tuned! But let's just say that ever since I've used this in combination with the Effaclar K, I haven't gotten a breakout since so yay :)

La Roche Posay Sensi White Cream
This is targeted towards people who have sensitive "Asian" skin. It's a whitening cream that's supposed not so much to completely white out your face, but rather to even out your skin tone and brighten your complexion. Again, I need more time to test out this to give you a good review.

La Roche Posay Effaclar K
Not that I'm saying that this is a miracle product or anything but I noticed a quite remarkable difference to my skin overnight. It's smoother as well as brighter. It's suitable for oily and acne prone skin which I don't have, however prior to purchasing this I got some serious breakouts on my forehand and cheeks. So I gave this a try. But we'll see how it goes for about another 2-3 weeks.

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Fluid SPF 50+
This is a product that Lisa Eldridge recommended in her sunscreen video which you can watch here. Again, review on this on a later day!

Bioderma Solution Micellaire
Because Thai drugstores have gone completely mad, they are charging about £8 for a 50ml bottle of Bioderma that's supposed to only be £1.5 *sigh* All in all, this is a product that lives up to the hype for me. It's a very soothing and gentle cleanser that removes makeup really well.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC5
I've seen Lisa Eldridge use this in a lot of her videos. I've heard that it's a very dry concealer and I would agree that it is, but the coverage that it gives is insane. It covers everything and does not budge throughout the day. Definitely a thumbs up for this one.

If you want to see things that Lisa Eldridge uses on herself and her clients, just have a peek at her website here. Click "search" and see her recommendations of amazing goodness there :)

Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know if you like them!
An-An

26 comments:

  1. I really wish they had Bioderma available where I live :c

    ruaninish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the Bioderma..But we don't have it here..

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great haul! I have the LM concealer myself, and it's awesome. I love getting the Undercoverpot instead, as it has the secret concealer and the powder with it as well! x

    Raves 'nd Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh thanks :) maybe i'll check that one out next time i drop by the LM counter! x

      Delete
  4. I love Lisa Eldridge, I love watching her videos. This haul looks really good!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to try the bioderma.
    i love your blog, new follower!
    hope you can have a look at mine maybe.
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lisa Eldridge! She's so amazingly talented and seems like a genuinely lovely person. I think I've given her some shout-outs on my blog as well! I've been dying to try the Bioderma Sensibio for a while now, mostly due to her glowing reviews. It's nice to hear that you're liking it too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely give it a try, it's really good! x

      Delete
  7. i swear by la roche posay products! i've been using the effaclar k cream for about half a year now and i have to say that it really does change your skin for the better. xo

    http://britmira.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, the results i've been getting are great :)

      Delete
  8. love these beauty products, great review dear! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I nominated you for the Liebster Award
    You can see it here:
    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/2012/08/my-blog-was-nominated.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, but i already did this tag :(

      Delete
  10. Liked the picture on the gass:)

    You have a lovely blog:)

    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post makes me EXTREMELY excited. I'm moving to Paris next month and I'm so excited to try French skincare products out. Definitely adding these to my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely get the bioderma solution and efflaclar K! they're amazing. have fun in paris! :)

      Delete
  12. Love La Roche Posay, such great products for sensitive skin :)
    http://nineteenoone.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! - ive never tried any la roche posay products before! may have to check it out :)
    Btw - i love your blog! - instant follower :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) you have a lovely blog, i followed back! x

      Delete
  14. Anonymous5.9.12

    Hi.
    Where can i find la roche posay products in Bangkok?
    Its not sold in Malaysia so im hoping i can find it in Bangkok when i visit next month.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE La Roche Possay products, the Anthelios Fluid is amazing, have been using it for the last two years :) I followed :) Pls check out my blog and follow if you'd like :) Iskra http://thesilentmakeover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you got such a nice selection of products:) I can't wait to try Bioderma xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The products look great xxx

    http://jeminixlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous21.3.14

    Did the sensi white cream work out in the end? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. If you have any questions, just leave them here, and I'll get back to you asap.

No follow for follow comments please. Just leave your links and I'll check them out :)