7.25.2012

Revlon Matte Lipsticks!

Hi, I'm back to my good old blogging routine. It usually happens around 1-2 am in the morning when everyone in my household is asleep.

 I'm pretty sure you have at least one of the Revlon lipstick in possession...simply because they are crazy amazing. 

Packaging. They don't look cheap and gimmicky, I'm a big fan of these. Unlike the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, the scratch marks are barely visible on these since the exterior packaging is matte. 


I have Fabulous Fig, which is a deep reddish wine color, and the oh-so-famous Smoked Peach which is a muted orange.


As you can see here, these go on completely matte. I would say it is comparable to Mac matte lipsticks. The Revlon ones are smooth, creamy and so moisturizing! They do not drag on your lips at all. The color range is spectacular for a drugstore brand, I'm quite impressed.




I give huge thumbs up for these and I highly recommend them! Just go to a drugstore and pick up one to try out. Revlon has become of my favorite brands because they put out products that aren't disappointing. I don't love these just because of the amazing quality but the price as well! I bought mine for about 150 baht (3 pound), you just can't go wrong with that. Every time I buy a MAC lipstick, I feel guilty that I'm spending 16 pound for just a lip product. (Yes, we pay 16 pound for a MAC lipstick here in Thailand. Stupid taxes!) Revlon actually makes me feel dumb that I'm still purchasing MAC lipsticks and paying for fortune on them when you can get these for a fraction of the MAC price. Idiot. 


 If you don't already have these, pick one up now. Go, RUNNNNN!

What are your favorite lip products? Let this girl know.
Thanks for reading and commenting!

An-An
x


18 comments:

  1. I love both of these, Revlon do such awesome lip products x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! Revlon lip products are definitely among my favourites! Right now I'm loving their Lip Butters- Sweet Tart, Peach Parfait, and Lollipop are all lovely!

    As lipsticks go, my favourite brands are MAC, Guerlain, Dior, and Chanel, but I find that Revlon quality is right up there with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the recommendations! i've been wanting to try chanel and dior lipsticks for so long but they're so pricey! LOVE the packaging though. x

      Delete
  3. Revlon produce some amazing lip products! You should check out their lip butters and balm stains if you haven't already :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've tried a few lip butters but i want to try out the balm stains SO bad! hope they're available in the UK :)
      x

      Delete
  4. They are amazing lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two colours I want to try! They look so awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really good :) xxx

    http://jeminixlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love matte lipsticks and these two colours are gorgeous! I think Revlon lipsticks are great quality and like you said; just as good as Mac
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooveee Revlon lippies, they are the best! I have a few matte ones, including Smoked Peach, but my favourite are probably the ColorBurst formulation, followed very closely by Super Lustrous. I really love Primrose and Soft Nude :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have been dying to try Soft nude but they don't have that where I live :s
      x

      Delete
  9. i've never tried revlon lipsticks before, except the lip butters. do they work well on dry lips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's probably better if you apply lip balm beforehand if you have dry lips..but for me they are very moisturizing for a matte lipstick :)
      x

      Delete
  10. Omg! I need these! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Fig is a pretty shade.

    - Marie
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your swatch for Smoked Peach looks super pretty. If I had just looked at the lipstick I probably would have just set it back down, but it's actually a really nice colour.

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. DEFINATELY trying them out! Smoked peach looks amazing! I love coral/orange, for lips and checks. I've also been looking for a really dark/deep red, kinda gothic looking. Ive only seen something similar in MAC and I really don't want to spend that much, Im going to check out revlon
    Thanks, great post!


    www.golden-statement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. If you have any questions, just leave them here, and I'll get back to you asap.

No follow for follow comments please. Just leave your links and I'll check them out :)